Meetings and Workshops
All FFAA meetings and workshops are suspended for the foreseeable future. Please check back to learn when these activities will resume.
In the meantime, we invite all fibre art enthusiasts to take advantage of their new-found creative time to make a piece for our biennial competition 2020: Future in Focus. We will make a decision in mid April as to whether to postpone the competition. Currently, the deadline to enter is midnight on May 17, 2020.
2020: Future in Focus - Call for Entry
Download the REVISED (26March20) call for entry for the 2020 competition and show. Deadline to enter is midnight on May 17, 2020.
Free Online Fibre Art Classes
The FFAA Board encourages readers to explore the following websites offering free classes to improve your skills and try new techniques to broaden your fibre art repertoire. We invite you to share your creations on the FFAA Facebook and FFAA Instagram blogs.
- Bluprint (formerly Craftsy) classes are free until April 16th, including
Math for Knitters with Kate Atherley
Throughstone Sweater Knit Along with Bristol Ivy
Start Up Crochet with Selena Baca
Start Up Hand Embroidery with Kat McTee
Punch Needle Basics with Rose Pearlman
- Quilters Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims offer demos and more on Alex and Ricky Live
- skillshare.com offers a wide variety of free courses, including
Painting with Thread Modern Embroidery for Beginners and
A Beginners Guide to the Wooly World of Needle Felting
- Textileartist.org is offering a free Community Stitch Challenge
- Cyndi Gay is offering Rug Hooking Tips at 4pm EST 6 days a week
- Gail Cowley of The School of Stitched Textiles in the UK is offering a free class Mindful Stitch Techniques to help reduce anxiety and stress
- For those looking for an alternative approach to stress reduction, you might try Felting a Coronavirus