FFAA is an association of like-minded individuals from across Alberta and guilds from the Edmonton-area fibre art community.
There are three types of membership: individual, group, and junior.
- Individual – Any person of the full age of 18 years may become a member by application and upon payment of a membership fee of $20 for 2 years, current membership ends 2020. Individual members have voting privileges.
- Group – Group members have voting privileges in FFAA. Members of the following guilds are automatically members of FFAA:
|Alberta Council of Ukrainian Arts||Edmonton Rug Hooking Guild|
|Black Gold Quilt Patch Guild||Edmonton Weavers’ Guild|
|Edmonton & District Quilters Guild||Evergreen Spinners and Weavers Guild|
|Edmonton Modern Quilters Guild||Latchet Machine Knitting Club|
|Edmonton Needlecraft Guild|
- Junior Member – Any person under the age of 18 years may become a member by application and upon payment of one-half of a membership fee, or $10 for 2 years. Junior members do not have voting privileges.
- Access to a wide variety of FFAA fibre art workshops with preferred fees, after 90 days’ membership.
- Advance notification of FFAA events as well as other FFAA member guild events.
- Voting privileges at our Annual General Meeting.
- Opportunities to show your work at our biennial exhibitions. These competitions are judged (optional) and feedback is provided to entrants; competitions are open to all.
Networking and Building a Fibre Art Community - Volunteer
Opportunities for networking with other fibre artists include volunteering to assist at workshops, install an exhibition, promote FFAA, participate on committees, teach a workshop and other activities. Sign up to volunteer or contact us for more information.
Volunteer Hours Submission Form
FFAA tracks the number of hours that volunteers contribute to fibre art activities as part of the reporting requirement for AGCL. Please report all your fibre art related activities that are not already reported elsewhere. Activities could include helping with a booth to promote fibre art at a trade/art show, sharing tips and techniques with youth or senior or other groups, speaking to groups. Use the online FFAA Volunteer Hours Submission Form.
Funders and Partners