General Information: There are important changes to registration procedures for FFAA workshops that simplify our process.
A link will appear on the workshop description page when registration opens. Instructions for payment will be emailed shortly after. Registration does not guarantee a spot, confimation will follow within one week.
Registration will open approximately 60 days before the first class starts.
While workshops are offered free of charge to members in good standing, a nominal fee will be charged for each workshop. Depending on the length of the class, to cover incidental expenses in order to provide the best experience possible for our instructors and students. This fee will vary for each workshop, and includes all handouts and refreshments. We are unable to waive this fee for any reason.
We are unable to refund fees except in the case of an emergency. However, fees are transferable.
Cancellations will allow us to fill spots from the waitlist, if we have one. Please give us as much notice as possible if you must cancel, however there are no guarantees we can fill your spot.
You may register for more than one workshop, if others are offered, but must specify which workshop is your first choice. Your acceptance of your first workshop will be confirmed as soon as your payment is received. Please note if there is a prerequisite for a class or advanced skills, you may not be able to take the workshop. Details will be provided in the class description. You will be put on a waitlist for the second workshop and will receive confirmation of your place in your second preference 30 days before the start of the workshop. We are trying to allow as many people as possible access to at least one workshop. Please note that you may not be accepted into a workshop due to other considerations.
The workshop fee for non members is an additonal $50, plus cost of class fees, as noted above. Participants are expected to follow our guidelines:
- Workshops start on time. Arrive early to be prepared.
- No perfume or scented products.
- NO VIDEOS. Photographs may be taken with instructor’s permission.
- Be mindful of instructor’s time; no chatting during lectures, etc.
- Mobile phones turned off or on silent/vibrate.
- Clean up your workspace at the end of the day/class.
- Participants are expected to actively participate in the class.
Payment must be made no later than 30 days prior to the start date of the class to reserve your space, unless otherwise indicated. Non payment will result in cancellation of your space.
Payment may be made by cheque or electronic transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our mailing address is
Focus on Fibre Art Association
PO Box 68182 Bonnie Doon
Edmonton AB T6C 4N6
For more information contact email@example.com.
All members in good standing of the following guilds, or FFAA, are eligible to register:
- Alberta Council for the Ukrainian Arts
- Black Gold Quilt Patch Guild
- Edmonton & District Quilters’ Guild
- Edmonton Needlecraft Guild
- Edmonton Rug Hooking Guild
- Edmonton Modern Quilt Guild
- Edmonton Weavers’ Guild
- Evergreen Spinners and Weavers Guild
- Latchet Club Machine Knitters