FFAA is an association of like-minded individuals and guilds from, but not limited to, Alberta and the Edmonton area. There are three types of membership: individual, junior, and group.
Any person of the full age of 18 years may become a member by application and upon payment of a membership fee of $20 for two years. Current membership ends December 31, 2022. Individual members have voting privileges.
Any person under the age of 18 years may become a member by application and upon payment of one-half of a membership fee, or $10 for two years. Junior members do not have voting privileges.
Group members (aka Member Guilds) have voting privileges in FFAA. Members of the following guilds are automatically members of FFAA:
- Alberta Council of Ukrainian Arts
- Black Gold Quilt Patch Guild
- Edmonton & District Quilters’ Guild
- Edmonton Modern Quilters Guild
- Edmonton Needlecraft Guild
- Edmonton Rug Hooking Guild
- Edmonton Weavers’ Guild
- Latchet Machine Knitting Club
- Access to a wide variety of FFAA fibre art workshops with preferred fees
- Advance notification of FFAA events as well as other FFAA member guild events
- Voting privileges at our annual general meeting
- Eligibility to serve on the FFAA board of directors
- Opportunities to show your work at FFAA biennial exhibitions These competitions/exhibitions are judged (optional), and feedback is provided to entrants; competitions/exhibitions are open to all.
Networking & Building a Fibre Art Community – Volunteer
Opportunities for networking with other fibre artists include assisting at workshops, installing an exhibition, promoting FFAA, participating on committees and/or the board, teaching a workshop, and other activities. Sign up to volunteer on event webpages or contact us for more information. Sign up for the FFAA Mailing List.
Volunteer Hours Submission Form
FFAA records the number of hours that volunteers contribute to our association as part of our local grant applications. We ask that you record all hours spent on behalf of FFAA for this purpose using the FFAA volunteer hours submission form. Do not include hours attending your guild or group meetings unless you spend time promoting FFAA at such an event. Examples of eligible hours include:
- Local events, i.e., CreativFestival held in September each year
- Demonstrations to the public at local festivals or events, i.e., farmers’ markets, art walks, art and craft expos. Remember to include travel time
- Attendance at FFAA-sponsored meetings, general meetings, board meetings, AGMs, preparing reports, or other committee work on behalf of FFAA
Members Only – Password Protected Area
The password-protected members-only area is where members can find links to our bylaws, meeting agendas and minutes, policies and procedures, and sign up to volunteer at exhibitions, as well as promotional and demonstration events.
The members-only area can be accessed with the password available from the guild representatives on the FFAA board of directors. Ask at your guild for the name of the current representative. Individual members can contact the FFAA membership chairperson for a password.
Funders & Partners
FFAA activities are supported by fundraising through AGLC and by grants from the Alberta Foundation for the Arts.