FFAA is an association of like-minded individuals and guilds from, but not limited to, Alberta and the Edmonton area.
There are three types of membership: individual, junior and group.
- Individual – Any person of the full age of 18 years may become a member by application and upon payment of a membership fee of $20 for 2 years; current membership ends December 31, 2022. Individual members have voting privileges.
- Junior Member – Any person under the age of 18 years may become a member by application and upon payment of one-half of a membership fee, or $10 for 2 years. Junior members do not have voting privileges.
- Group – Group members (aka Member Guilds) have voting privileges in FFAA. Members of the following guilds are automatically members of FFAA:
|Alberta Council of Ukrainian Arts||Edmonton Rug Hooking Guild|
|Black Gold Quilt Patch Guild||Edmonton Weavers’ Guild|
|Edmonton & District Quilters’ Guild||Evergreen Spinners and Weavers Guild|
|Edmonton Modern Quilters Guild||Latchet Machine Knitting Club|
|Edmonton Needlecraft Guild|
Sign Up for the FFAA Mailing List to receive notices of upcoming workshops, exhibitions and events. The voluntary sign-up list is provided as a service to members and non-members alike.
- Access to a wide variety of FFAA fibre art workshops with preferred fees.
- Advance notification of FFAA events as well as other FFAA member guild events.
- Voting privileges at our Annual General Meeting.
- Eligibility to serve on the FFAA Board of Directors.
- Opportunities to show your work at FFAA biennial exhibitions. These competition/exhibitions are judged (optional) and feedback is provided to entrants; competitions/exhibitions are open to all.
Networking and Building a Fibre Art Community - Volunteer
Opportunities for networking with other fibre artists include assisting at workshops, installing an exhibition, promoting FFAA, participating on committees and/or the Board, teaching a workshop and other activities. Sign up to volunteer on event webpages or contact us for more information.
Volunteer Hours Submission Form
FFAA records the number of hours that volunteers contribute to our association as part of our local grant applications. We ask that you record all hours spent on behalf of FFAA for this purpose using the FFAA Volunteer Hours Submission Form. Do not include hours attending your guild or group meetings unless you spend time promoting FFAA at such an event.
Examples of eligible hours are:
- local events, i.e. CreativFestival held in September each year
- demonstrations to the public at local festivals or events, i.e. Farmers’ Markets, Art Walks, art and craft expos. Remember to include travel time.
- attendance at FFAA sponsored meetings, General Meetings, Board Meetings, AGM, preparing reports or other committee work on behalf of FFAA.
Members Only - Password Protected Area
Funders and Partners