Download the PDF Call for Entry for the 2020 biennial competition and show.
2020: Future in Focus is wordplay on the year and the term used for perfect vision, along with incorporating our name. 2016 gave us My Heritage, a look at the past; 2018, Climate Change, looked at our present environment. In 2020, Focus on Fibre Art Association looks to the future and invites members to share what they see on the horizon for themselves, their family, their community or the world.
Are you anticipating a milestone event in your life, or working toward the ultimate goal in your career? Are you involved in an upcoming event or turning point for your community or team? Are you concerned that our choices now will affect generations to come? Will we look to the past to map our future, or consider present day when looking forward?
How do you see the future? Using your favourite fibre technique, show your future!
- Knit and Crochet: 101 Hand-knit; 102 Machine-knit; 103 Crochet
- Needlework: 201 Counted thread techniques; 202 Surface embroidery; 203 Lacemaking
- Nonwoven Textiles: 301 Felt (2-dimensional); 302 Paper (2-dimensional)
- Quilts: 401 Traditional; 402 Modern; 403 Art
- Rug Hooking: 501 Traditional; 502 Punch-hooked; 503 Innovative
- Sculptural Works: 601 3-Dimensional works, any fibre technique; 602 Wearable, any fibre technique
- Surface Design: 701 Surface Design
- Weaving & Tapestry: 801 Wearables; 802 Household/Decorative
- Youth: 901 Any item, any fibre technique
- Exhibit only: 1001 Any item, any fibre technique
Download the PDF Call for Entry to read about submission criteria, eligibility and other details.
17 May 2020 Submissions close at midnight
18-22 May 2020 Jurying
23 May 2020 Notifications sent
5 June 2020 Exhibit Installation
6 June 2020 Judging Day
7 June 2020 Opening gala at Enterprise Square Extension Gallery
8 June – 12 July 2020 Exhibit at Enterprise Square Extension Gallery
12 July 2020 Item pickup at Enterprise Square
TBA Optional second exhibition
For more information about the biennial, contact email@example.com.